Here are six different types of web hosting to host your personal or business websites. These web hostings are affordable and can be used as per your hosting needs.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting means storing the data of a website on a particular virtual server and the owners of these servers are called the web hosts. These web hosts offer businesses to rent or buy storage space on their servers to keep your business online on the Internet.
What are the types of web hosting?
Basically, there are 6 different types of web hosting:
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- Managed hosting
- Cloud hosting
6 Types of Web Hosting You Must Know
In the subsequent section we will explain each type of web hosting:
1. Shared Hosting stands for server pools a single processor (CPU), a single storage drive (HDD/SSD), a single unit of memory (RAM), and one network card to multiple websites. Basically, in shared hosting, all the server resources are shared between multiple websites.
2. VPS Hosting aka Virtual Private Server hosting, is another most famous type of web hosting, which is a hybrid system halfway among shared hosting and dedicated hosting. This type of web hosting consists of creating several virtual servers on one server, using software virtualization technologies on individual operating systems.
3. Dedicated Hosting means renting an entire server from a web host, which can be configured easily according to your needs with the desired operating system, configuration, applications, and other desired facilities.
4. Managed Hosting is something in which a website is located on a separate server and unlike a dedicated server, the business owner does not have full control over the hardware. Also, the configuration possibilities are limited in managed hosting.
5. Cloud Hosting is a new form of web hosting in which your website’s content is stored on interconnected servers or we can say clusters. This is a better way of website hosting as the load distributes better and while keeping the costs moderate.
6. Colocation is a web hosting service in which the hosting service provider offers the company with space for its own server. The configuration, maintenance, administration, and all other tasks are carried out by the company only. Since it colocates the entire server space and other accessories to the consumer’s location, which makes it expensive than other web hosting services.
Pro Tip: Are you looking for an affordable web hosting provider that meets all your web hosting requirements? If yes, then visit the fastest growing free web hosting directory where you can apply various filters to find out the best web hosting to host your business.